When I first start writing a book, there are endless possibilities as to where it will go, what will happen, who will appear, etc., etc.

And then, sometimes by the end of the first page, the pieces start to fall into place.

I am tempted to make the title Whippoorwill, just because of the folklore behind the bird, which rather--fits, in a way. No one will be able to spell it, but oh well. Also, A Zipporah Williams Adventure sounds pretty cool, too. No one will be able to spell Zipporah, either, so I might as well just say I have a title. Does that mean a new series? I can see it going that way, yes.

This is technically a Beth-Hill book, but not set in Beth-Hill or anywhere near Darkbrook, at least so far. And while I've succeeded in not writing about the Hunt (at least for the moment), I'm afraid that there is a vampire. A not-so-very-happy vampire right now.

Comments

Popular Posts