Last night, I mowed my front yard--the whole thing. Tonight, I mowed the back. In truth, the front yard is more difficult because of the hill, but whew! I've had to take multiple showers per day these past couple of days (although I just rinsed my hair; since I use the shampoo bars, it doesn't really seem to matter much.)

But done! That's a good thing. I really was reluctant to go out at 8:40pm this evening to mow the back, but I got it done in 20 minutes. That's a cardiac and aerobic workout, right there. And I bet I walked a mile (pushing a 100-lb lawnmower, no less.) And now I don't have to think about it until the end of July at the earliest.

Now I am clean, in my pajamas, and trying to decide if I want to just sleep downstairs again tonight or do I want to sleep in my own bed. I really, really don't want to haul out the air conditioner for my bedroom for the space of a couple of nights. However, I would have to leave the downstairs one on overnight (again) if I slept downstairs. And I'd wake up with a backache again. (Although the backache was gone by the time we finished breakfast this morning.) Decisions, decisions.

I had promised Ethan we'd stop by Goodwill on our way back to his house, we ended up going with Elsa and Em, too, and we stayed at Bekah's house a bit to visit with her and Chase. I picked up a couple of things at Goodwill, one of which was a lovely mahogany bowl from Saks Fifth Avenue--for $4. The guy behind me in line offered me $10 for it; I declined, because honestly, I've been collecting these here and there and I use them for storage. And this is a nice bowl.

I also picked up some Bennington Pottery small bowls--no one on ebay seems to know what they are, exactly; they're called soup bowls, but I'm not sure. They are more like individual casseroles. I have four, in Agate White. One this big, and three smaller ones. (They have not sold for this much on ebay, by the way, although wouldn't that be nice?) I also found two really nice Frankoma mugs in the color I like. The weird thing was, they weren't in the glassware aisles at all, they were sitting on the shelves with the electrical stuff. I spotted one just sitting there, minding its own business, and then the other was a bit farther along. It was weird. I also found another Hall creamer teapot (destined for ebay; I have two of these and have sold others for around $8/each), and another small brown teapot made in England by Sadler. To round it off, I found a couple more Pyrex custard cups and two pairs of capris. I spent a grand total of $23.

Comments

Popular Posts