The Tour De Fleece started yesterday, but I didn't get much spun because I was watching Elsa all day long. But that's ok--I did get a little done on one of my Russian spindles. It's Superwash Merino and firestar for sparkle, and is--quite possibly--the smoothest, softest Merino I've spun as of yet. I'm not sure what I will make out of it, but I have four ounces. It's definitely going to be two-ply.

Today's goal is to work on the blue BFL I'm spinning on Agatha. My challenge for the Tour was to dye some fiber, but I'm thinking that a better challenge would be to get my new spinning wheel working. Oh, did I mention my new spinning wheel? It's a new-to-me wheel, of course...

She is a Paradis Canadian Production Wheel. Found at an auction in Florence, KY for $75. All she really needs are new bearings on her wheel posts, because there are none. And I have to fix the treadle, too, which shouldn't be too difficult. Spinning on her, however, will be interesting, as I'm more used to spindles and my GWs!

Maybe I should say my challenge should be to get all my project wheels working. You can see Ema Bleu there in this picture; I'm waiting on a new flyer and bobbin to arrive (from ebay) for her, and she needs a new wheel post and to be repainted. My Precious (Abigail) is also waiting on a new flyer/bobbin. If one of the two I'm getting from ebay don't fit, then I will save up my money a bit more and get her one made.

Comments

Popular Posts