Verdict: Boy, was that simple.

I erred on the side of caution, and probably could have cooked them a teensy bit longer, but I like my pasta al dente anyway. Rolling out the dough was absolutely not as difficult as I thought it would be; actually, it wasn't difficult at all. In fact, it was so easy I kept wondering if I was doing something wrong!

I used my ravioli pin as well as a 20" long pasta rolling pin; I know now why they come in longer sizes, because 20" was not wide enough for the batch of pasta dough I made while I was rolling it out.

I used my large ravioli pin, which made large ravioli, of course. :) And I ended up with 29 ravioli. If I'd rolled the dough a bit better, I could have gotten 32 easily, there was some waste, but not that much, really.

Thoughts: I never knew ravioli was so easy to make. I wonder if it will be as easy to make in winter, when my kitchen is 55 degrees. Probably not, I'd imagine.

Also, this is the first time I've actually been able to use my baking table in months. Err, practically all year. And oh did I miss it. Never again. Once I get the tables in place in the kitchen, my baking table should stay clear.

Next up: noodles, of course. And I still have to bake bread tomorrow; I'm thinking something special, due to the fact that my baking table is back in operation.

Comments

Popular Posts