So as I was sitting here, weaving and reading, I heard a commotion in the bathroom where I'd opened the window earlier this morning (Basil insisted.) I just figured to many cats wanted the windowsill or something, but then the commotion continued, and I walked into the living room just in time to see a bird fly smack into the window.

Now, the storm window in the bathroom has slipped down, and I need to fix it, so there's a gap. And sometimes I end up with bumblebees in the summertime, or large moths, but up until now, no birds.

Well, the cats were Very Amused; I was not so much, since I have 9ft. ceilings and if the bird made it upstairs, two-story ceilings in the hallway, which would entail me driving to the store for a net, because I don't have one (and I bet no one stocks nets in November anyway.) So I grabbed a throw off my rocking chair, and the race was on.

I think it was a little wren or something? I am not up on birds. But needless to say, I did manage to grab it before the cats could do much damage, and carry it outside, where it sat on my blanket for a little while in the breeze before it flew away.

So of course I went back to get my camera before it left...

Suicidal birdie, or just one that made a wrong turn?


The cats, of course, are quite disappointed that their new toy has 'flown away'.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
What a beautiful little creature.
Jennifer said…
I know, poor thing. I think it was okay, though; they only actually caught it once. And it did fly away without signs of distress.

Popular Posts