Next Year.

Next year's goals are both simple and complex. Simple because my ultimate goal is to make my life--in general--simpler all around, and complex because that's not a simple thing in the first place.

--I want to be in a better place financially next year at this time than I am in now. I should be; barring any drastic issues, four out of six credit cards will be paid off (And that's a definite; three are on payment plans that end in September.) Hopefully, I can squeak in paying off one more as well.

--I want to reopen my Etsy shop--permanently.

--My project this year is to not have any more projects, unless something literally falls into my lap.

--Instead of forbidding myself to purchase things I don't need, because we all know how long that lasts, I'm only going with one caveat this year: that no single purchase can add up to more than $50 or else I have to step back and seriously consider that purchase before I proceed. I am giving myself $25 per paycheck to buy whatever the heck I want--be it books, fiber, something from Goodwill, something from an auction, whatever. Without guilt. And if I choose not to spend that $25, it can go into my savings account.

--I want to have a decent savings account by the end of the year.

--I want to have enough money saved up to pay for my kitchen roof by May at the latest, but preferably March or April.

--I would like to have a new job with a shorter commute. I will definitely be actively looking.

--I would like to pare down my "keeper" spinning wheels by at least three. Considering my keeper spinning wheels currently number eight, this will be a difficult decision to make. But I feel it's a necessary one. (I'm not counting project wheels in this, or wheels that are currently decoration only. The number of spinning wheels currently residing in my house is thirteen. I think.) Now, of course, that doesn't stop me from buying and reselling spinning wheels that I come across. And while all of my "keepers" are lovely wheels, I honestly don't spin on my spinning wheels as often as I spin on my spindles. And thus I have no reason to keep them all, when there are other spinners or spinners-to-be out there who would love to have them.

--I would like to finish the following novels/stories: Scarecrows, Jericho/A Glint of Silver, and Darkfall. I would like to poke at Alice a bit more (it doesn't really have a title), and work on the Sort-of-fairy-tale collection I have in mind. I would also like to do something about Josh's story, and Whippoorwill.

--I would like to complete all obligations that are outstanding. You know who you are, I'm sure.

--I would like to have my entire house cleaned and decluttered by this time next year. I would like to live in a world without piles and/or blocked pathways.I want to go through everything, and I do mean everything. Every drawer, every closet (well, there aren't that many closets), every collection; every piece of everything. Of course, liquidating some of this stuff means more money to pay off credit cards, so it's all good in the long run. And I honestly don't need this much stuff.

--I would like to set up my lathe, and actually make something on it. Preferably before I've had it for two Christmases.

--I would like to plant more blueberries, start the berry patch out front, and not have to till the garden at all next year. And I would really like to do something about the Morning Glory/Ohio Kudzu, but I'm not aiming for miracles, here.

--I would like to clean out the kitchen garden and clean up the backyard.

--I would like to keep my sourdough starter alive. :)

I think that's enough for now. The list will probably expand as time goes on and things change, because it always does, and they always do.


Comments

Unknown said…
Great goals! Wishing I had some sourdough starter right now.

Popular Posts