Hmm, interesting.

I moved the organ back, almost directly under the chandelier, and turned the dining room table sideways (it's almost the same width as the organ that way.) Oddly enough, it looks... rather nice. It kind of splits the room in half.

Agatha is on the other side where my desk was, in front of the bookcases. I hung up my strumstick and my guitar is over there as well. And my psaltry and zithers. I cleared off the mantle of books, which also opens up that portion of the room and uncovers the mirror. I have room for one chair at the table with no leaves; if I put a leaf in, I'd have room for two chairs, but the table pad's not big enough for a leaf, so I think I will leave it out.

I covered up the closet door with hand-embroidered linens hung on cords. To open the door, all I have to do is move a chair out of the way.

Unfortunately, I have too many chairs; there are four dining room chairs, after all. (I have too many chairs in this house in general, truthfully.) I guess I could use two of the dining room chairs at my table in the Entry Room, but that would mean two other chairs would be displaced. :) I'm sure I will figure it out.

But I have yet to start the laundry, and I still have to bake bread and start the soup, so I really need to stop for a bit and do that before it's too late.

The snow is still coming down, although I doubt it will mess up the roads much. My road is covered, but that's pretty normal.


ETA: I'm trying to figure out why I wouldn't want to keep the organ like it is. I could get an organ bench, even, to make it look better. It does split up the room a bit. It's not ugly, and doesn't really look horribly out of place. Why not keep it there? Yes, it's just another thing to dust, but even so. I will have to keep it like this for a little while and then make a decision, I think.

Comments

Popular Posts