Turned in the edits for Detour, the next Karen Montgomery story, this evening.

This is what Capture spun off from; I was in the middle of Detour, and Niles showed up, and then Ethan, and suddenly I had to write how they met. (Kind of like how I am writing Jericho's story now, hmm.)

Here is a snippet:

I stared at him,‭ ‬then at Russ,‭ ‬and made up my mind.‭ "‬Do you have a corkscrew‭?"

"In the kitchen,‭" ‬Peter said.‭ "‬I'd get it for you myself,‭ ‬but the only things I can touch now are my books.‭"

"And the house,‭" ‬I said.

‭"‬Yes,‭" ‬Peter replied.‭ "‬The house and I are old friends.‭"

"I think it would be wonderful to have a house for a friend,‭" ‬I said,‭ ‬and meant every word.

‭"‬I imagine you would think that,‭" ‬Peter said,‭ ‬and faded away.




It should be out soon. I'll announce its release here, of course.

Comments

Popular Posts