Contentment

Today, I worked out in the garden. For the first time in a couple of months I put on my garden boots (and have the blister on my heel to prove it had been a couple of months, unfortunately), lugged wheelbarrows full of mulch into the garden, backed up my car and rolled the smaller of the two hay bales down my driveway and into the garden, and probably inhaled enough hay dust and mold spores to last me for weeks, if not years, as I unrolled the hay bale and forked mulch across the entire garden.

Then I came hobbling back inside, took off my dusty clothes, and put on my pajamas. I made Chicken Noodle Soup, and Sourdough French rolls. I sat down to watch my auctions end, and wrote a few more pages of A Glint of Silver. I started writing up auctions to post and took a few pictures, but my camera battery died, and I didn't have the spare charged, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. Going to the grocery will have to wait until tomorrow too.

I had an absolutely glorious day.

Oh, my back hurts--badly; it will pass, but right now I'm hobbling--and I have blisters and my shoulders hurt and I'm very tired, but it was all from hard work and nothing more. Honest work, I tore my oldest pair of garden gloves to shreds today (they weren't very good gloves, truly) and muddied up my boots. But the garden has been mulched and I feel a bit better prepared for next year.

Tonight I'll sleep soundly, and tomorrow I'll be outside again in the kitchen garden, preparing it for next year as well. And if I'm hobbling around on Monday, then so what? I'll have had a glorious weekend, and that's all that counts, really.

Comments

Popular Posts