So a few weeks ago, I decided to try out plying on a spindle again. I had some gray English Lonwool that I paired up with pink/green/grey (muted colors) alpaca. My previous attempts at plying on spindles were pretty boring, plus it hurt my shoulder.

Well, it's still terribly boring. While I can sit for hours and ply on one of my wheels, plying on a spindle is still not my favorite thing to do in the world. However, the yarn is coming along quite nicely. I've been using my Tibetan spindle, which I can spin on my lap (without a bowl) while sitting here watching something, usually one of the shows I am following. (And the list keeps getting longer; I am now watching Being Human (both versions),  The Finder, and Grimm. I would be watching Bones, but that seems to be on hiatus? And I'm a full season behind on Warehouse 13. And Sherlock won't be available here until May. Argh.)

Anyway, I think that's really enough... I don't need any new shows right now.

But even so, it's nice to be able to watch something and spin or ply, depending on what I'm doing. And while slow-going, it's going well, and I'm really happy with how this yarn looks.

Comments

Popular Posts