Sourdough and other things

It was time to replenish my sourdough, and that really meant discarding some of it, so I decided I'd open a new-to-me bread book (Local Breads) and try out a recipe or two from there. I have enough for three, maybe four loaves of bread this weekend, plus two smaller starters to keep in the fridge. And I still have the remaining bits of the original; I wish I knew someone local (or even non-local) who would want a piece of it before I dump it out.

So anyway, that's what I'll be preparing this morning.

It's a quiet morning here after last night's rain and storm. It rained more than it stormed, however; we got some lightning and wind, but the rain came after that. I went to bed a bit early, and dreamed, but this morning the dreams are wispy and uncharacteristically vague. They had something to do with buttons, however. I am not sure exactly what.

Today's goals include bread and writing and cleaning up in the Entry Room. I have a bunch of books that need to be put away.

The computer-use reduction continues apace, and quite successfully, I think! Scarecrows is coming right along... Michael is about to remember some things he will probably wish remained forgotten, and Malachi's in trouble, but I'm sure he'll manage to get out of this predicament, although I'm not sure how quite yet...

Along with all of that, I need to plant potatoes and onions and separate some garlic, and I have early stuff to plant as well, like peas and beets and suchlike. So it will be a busy weekend.

I have a couple of things to write about, longer posts, that I am working on, as well. Perhaps I'll get one of them typed up this weekend, too.

Comments

Popular Posts