I'm a bit at loose ends this evening. I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling it stems from the computers at work being down for 24 hours--no server, no internet, no system at all. I spent my time this morning (after getting all the work done that I could get done without the computer yesterday afternoon) working up a to-do list that spans three pages.

It has 104 items on it.

Now, before you start calling up hospitals to have me committed, I probably should say that this is a to-do list that might span decades. Some of the stuff on the list is stuff I want to do before I die, after all.

Everything that should be on the list isn't on the list, of course. I'm positive I left things out, and that my list will expand over time. Some things on the list will become irrevalent, others will grow in importance.

A lot of the things on my list have to do with my house.

(I'm still having trouble saying that. And I know why--because it's not my house just yet. I'm not moved in. I haven't put my stamp on it yet.)

I bought a new notebook today to house my list. It's going to be chopped up into smaller bits, organized, and neatened, and when I'm done, I will have something I can work with.

I had a list like this before, after all, and it really helped me keep things straight and allowed my mind to think about other things. After all, once I wrote something down, it was written down.

I don't forget stuff I write down. Ever.

I will have weekly lists, monthly lists, six-month lists, and yearly lists. That notebook will help me keep all my projects together and become my Bible.

For me, this is the easiest way to get organized. YMMV.

Comments

Unknown said…
If you'd ever be willing to share part of your list on-line, I'd be curious to see it.

Popular Posts