Well.

Friday morning, I set everything up (it was raining Thursday night and I decided not to go out in the rain.) The booth really came together this year. I really liked how everything looked, and for once, I had to really rearrange to fit everything in. (I'm still not sure how that happened, since I didn't have all that much more than last year.)

I made $25 before the show officially opened, but it definitely wasn't as busy this year. In fact, it was the worst year yet, money-wise. However, that happens. It's all a part of the game.

Friday around lunchtime I started losing the vision in my right eye. Everything was really fuzzy, and I thought it was because my table was right across from a window, and sunlight bothers my eyes. But then I realized that I hadn't eaten anything since 7:30am and I usually eat something as a snack mid-morning. And I had been unusually active that morning, loading up the car and setting up my table.

So I ate an apple, a piece of fudge, and an apple dumpling while waiting for Mom and Dad to arrive for lunch. It didn't help. By the time I ate lunch, I was getting really hot and nauseous, so after Dad kindly agreed to sit at my table for a while, I went home to sleep whatever-it-was off.

By 4pm, after a nap, I was well enough to return to duty. It was definitely not as busy as prior years, but I'm still not sure why. The weather was cold but sunny, so people should have come.

Saturday was the auction, and Bekah kindly agreed to watch my booth while I attended. Dad and I got there early--and got number 1, too!--and looked around. Things went for good prices, but unfortunately, all the furniture went out of my price range. And Dad didn't get the bookcase he wanted, either. :(

However, I am now the proud owner of a treadle sewing machine dated 1886 (I'm not sure of the brand; I couldn't read it, so I'll have to do some research after I move since I left it at the house.) The sewing machine cabinet is full of cool and interesting sewing stuff, including old buttons and notions and what-have-you. It needs a little oiling and a little work (the belt has slipped off, for example), but it's a really nice piece. It belonged to the PO's mother.) I also bought most of the sewing stuff at the auction, which included old quilt pieces, old fabric scraps, lots of stuffing, pillow forms, and enough spools of thread for me never to have to buy any normal colors ever again. (not kidding.)

So I will be all set for some old-fashioned quilting, there.

I also bought the chest freezer that sits in the breakfast room. The freezer will be nice to have when we put up stuff from the garden.

Then I went back to the craft show, and packed up until next Saturday. At least I have plenty of stuff left for that one, and the only thing I have to make this week are some more plastic 25 cent bracelets.

Whew!

Today is cleaning day, and tomorrow I write. And then on Tuesday, I have to go back to work.

Comments

Popular Posts