I had a post all written and ready to go a couple of days ago, but Blogger died and I didn't feel like trying to recreate it. Hopefully this one will work.

I think fresh air does wonders for dreams. I had two last night--one involving a search for rattlesnakes in my parents' cellar (a much larger cellar, with caves, I might add) and one involving me being admitted to the psychiatric wing of a hospital for observation and ending up staying an entire week. I think I was myself in both dreams, which is very interesting, considering how rarely that actually happens.

Dad (I can't say that I helped all that much, other than almost burning out my vacuum cleaner's motor when it ate a sock and started smoking) fixed both windows in my bedroom yesterday so I could open them and enjoy the spring air. I kept them open all night long (It got down to 45) and was perfectly comfortable. Actually, quite cozy. And only under one quilt and one sheet, so there.

I love open windows in the spring and summertime. Just the merest hint of a breeze will allow the curtains to flutter, and when it gets 'cold' at night still, it's even nicer to snuggle among the cats. (They love open windows too. And the space (when the windows are open) are just large enough to accomodate a lounging cat.)

Other than that, the dining room table is now in place, I've misplaced a piece to the organ that I swear never left the dining room, and we didn't have a yard sale, but went to them instead.

The haul:

1 old wool quilt $5
2 very small wool rugs $1/each
1 handmade hooked chair pad (free--he gave it to me when I bought the rugs.)
1 cast iron paper towel holder $2
Two plants--an 'egg tree' plant and a cactus--$1.50 and $.50, respectively.
Three Vision Cookware pots $3
Three cobalt blue bottles $2/each

I think that's it. Obviously, I didn't have to spend a lot of money. Bargains galore! :)

Soanyway, I think it's about time for me to officially get up and get some stuff done this morning. Onward!

Comments

Popular Posts