So it’s been four months. Four months that seem like they have flown by and also seem like they’ve been forever.

My first monthly list didn’t go so well, although I did get one major goal crossed off: the elimination of Storage. That was well worth not crossing off much more. Some of the stuff on the list changed mid-month, like selling the dining room set. And I didn’t do a thing in my office.

I changed the list mid-month, which I probably shouldn’t have done, but again, some of the things on the list had changed quite a bit by then. I’m going to attempt to write this month’s list a bit better, and only add things I know might be feasible.

What did I get done last month? Well, Storage was the biggie. That frees up over $60 a month, which will be nice to have since I keep discovering that I need this tool or that tool and now I have to buy a new drill, since mine is kaput. I reorganized my hallway and almost got done with my room, after having it as the cat-isolation room for three whole (and very long) weeks. Finishing my room is on my list for tomorrow, since I have to work today.

I managed to get the Dining Room mostly cleaned, except for a few boxes I still have to go through. Here’s what’s left to do in the Dining Room: Go through boxes, clean out bookcase, put books in bookcase, find a place for the coats that were on the coat rack that is now upstairs. And sweep and mop the portions of the floor I couldn’t reach before. That’s on my list for tomorrow as well.

Finding the piece for the organ should be on my monthly list, but I have faith it will turn up eventually. It has to be somewhere.

I watched my spring flowers start to bloom, and discovered that I have peonies coming up as well. And something else, as yet unknown. And that I really like how the wild violets are growing in between the cracks in the concrete sidewalk. It wouldn’t have looked better if I’d planted them there myself.

I almost got the spinach and lettuce planted. That wasn’t on my original list, and that’s also on my list for tomorrow. I have one largish clump of violets left to move, and half the bed to work up, and then I can sow my seeds. Oh, and a bamboo/elephant grass fence to create so Mabel doesn’t squish my plants when they sprout.

This weekend is clean-up days in Georgetown, so once I figure out what that means, we might be working on the shed and the basement. But we’ll see. It’s also the rummage sale at St. George’s, and I think I might be working a couple of hours (I have to check with Mom.) I’d really like to get the house finished (organized and everything put away/whatever) before we start on the shed and the basement. However, since it was nearly 80 degrees yesterday, I realize that I need to get things moving, since pretty soon it’s going to be too hot to comfortably work outside for very long.

( I said I was ready for spring, not summer in April, darn it all!)

And there will be a moratorium on painting until everything left to be unpacked is unpacked and put away. If that means we don’t paint until fall, then so be it.

It’s difficult to work around a full-time job and try to get everything done house-wise and write, submit, edit, and what-have-you. That’s why there isn’t anything writing-wise on next month’s list. I’ll still be writing, but I’ve only managed about an hour a night and when I’m off, maybe a little bit during the day. I write at lunch, but that’s it, and will be it until I get everything unpacked and put away.

By June 11, I want to have everything unpacked, put away/sold/freecycled/whatever, and be back on schedule writing-wise. That gives me two months to get the dining room, green room, office, and entry room whipped into shape. If I’m on schedule, I might take a week off around the fourth of July, but we’ll see. I’m already planning to take a week off in October.

April 11-May 11, 2005 list:

1. Finish Cleaning Dining Room (on list for tomorrow)
2. Clean/Organize entry room
3. Freezer to basement
4. Buy lawnmower
5. Plant Spinach and lettuce (on list for tomorrow)
6. Clean air conditioners
7. Clean/Organize green room
8. Call Holman about lease (second call back)
9. Replace ceiling fan in kitchen
10. Get rest (a tiny bit) of stuff from Mom & Dad’s.

I think this might be a doable list. We’ll see.

Comments

Popular Posts