There's something rather nice about being in the house alone (well, not quite alone, since I'm with Mabel and the kitties and Hildy, of course.) The quiet is soothing and I can feel the stress of the day seeping away. (Not that today was particularly stressful, but still.)

So far, it looks like some of the spinach and the mesculan lettuce are up. The others should be up shortly. One of the spinaches have come up in a little clump--I'm not sure why--so I will have to thin it a bit, I think. The rain probably had something to do with that, or else I moved the seed around when I watered it, which doesn't really make sense.

Here's an interesting tidbit: for years now, I've been trying to figure out what kind of dog the Hounds resembled. At first I thought they looked like greyhounds, but after meeting a real live greyhound (my cousin's two) I decided against that breed.

Lately I've been searching Petfinder.com again, trying to figure it out. I know they're rather large, and short-haired. I know they're some sort of hounds (no, really--I mean, really!)

Brenna looks like Honey, only black. If you click on the third picture where Honey is looking over her shoulder, that's a perfect Brenna expression.

The others... well, I'll have to keep looking.

Comments

Popular Posts