I meant to post these last two days, and never got around to it. So that's my excuse!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I did--I got a lot of stuff on my (albeit short) list and some things that weren't on it. Among the goodies: a cordless drill to replace the one I have that died, some Steep tea, a new pair of black corduroys, Terry Pratchett's new-old book, a new pair of fleece slippers from L.L. Bean, and a bunch of other cool stuff. This year was surprising in that Em liked every single piece of clothing I bought for her! (This is a really big thing, btw.)

Today, however, marked the day that the Black Shoe Saga ended. I had a Sears gift card, and not having been to a Sears store in years, didn't quite know what to buy. I really don't need any clothes, and I got my cordless drill for Christmas, so I didn't need one of those either. So on my lunch break today, I went to Sears to try and figure out what I wanted to spend my gift card on.

Sears has Land's End products now. I knew that, but didn't think this Sears carried them, because Mom had called them and whoever she talked to said this Sears didn't carry them. Well, I've always been a fan of certain Land's End shoes, but since I'm cheap, I haven't bought them.

My gift card was for $35. I scored a pair of black ankle boots that zip up the sides, and only had to pay an additional $7. Yay!!

This is a monumental thing. See, today I wore my new black corduroys, a black v-neck shirt, and my black corduroy blazer that I got from Goodwill (via J. Jill.) I wore my new slippers with the outfit, because my only pair of black shoes (other than the Earth shoes I have that pinch my feet) are gym shoes and not very nice looking anymore.

So as soon as I pulled into the parking lot from Sears, I changed my shoes. And I'm still wearing my new boots. They're very comfortable. Which makes me very happy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts