The weather has broken, at least for the next couple of days, so I went out in the garden this evening to stake and tie up tomato plants. I didn't get very far, but a few of them are semi-upright. I really should have done this weeks ago, but oh well.

The garden is also in need of another layer of mulch (I am building up to the eight inches), I have swiss chard and loads of kale ready to pick (the kale is blooming, but the leaves taste great still; this is the kale that came back from last year, so I'm not complaining that it looks fabulous) and my tomatoes are loaded with baby tomatoes.

My corn--miniature as it is--is starting to tassel. it's about up to my hip. It's kind of funny, actually.

I have red okra growing wild everywhere in the garden, which is rather interesting, because what I planted last year did not grow very well at all. So, either it never sprouted and by tilling I disturbed the seeds enough to let it sprout, or I missed a few while picking.

Did I mention my huge sunflower got blown over by the wind? I propped it up last night, but it was all wilted and dead this evening, so I pulled it out. :(

Thankfully, I have plenty of other sunflowers growing. One is right smack in the middle of the corn, even.

I will work on tying up the tomatoes as I go, I guess; there are some that don't need to be tied up at all still.

My zucchini and yellow squash should be bearing soon. Somehow, I think I have more yellow squash than zucchini. Which is fine, really.

That's all for now. :)

Comments

Popular Posts