Whew.

I'm exhausted. I got up at 2:45am to leave at 3:30am to drive to Mom and Dad's house in a torrential (not kidding) downpour. We arrived at Burlington a little after 5am, and whew.

I don't think I will be on TV; I am pretty sure I managed to avoid them. But you can watch the episode when it comes out and see if I'm in the background or something. ;)

I brought three spinning wheels to sell, and sold two of them. I was extremely pleased, since one of them was a Great Wheel. Yay, space! I sold the upright Saxony and the Great Wheel to the same person. I sold a couple of other things as well, which was nice.

I didn't buy much--two ravioli rolling pins ($15 for both), two small noodle cutter rolling pins ($3 for both), and a three-in-one cake/pie carrier from the 70s. There's a spot for a pie on top, a cake in the middle, and a pie on the bottom. It's not avocado green, a bit lighter than that, and very nice. It should be useful, too. (That was $10.)

There were two other spinning wheels at Burlington this month--a 24 1/2" u-bolt tilt tension that needed some TLC before it could spin again (depending on who we asked, they were asking either $300, $200, or $175; I might have bought it for $75 at the most.) and a very nice Saxony missing its flyer (They went down to $65 for me on that one, which wasn't a terrible price, but I don't really need another project right now, so I didn't buy it.)

Other than the ungodly heat and the humidity, it was a decent day. But now I'm really terribly tired, I need a shower ASAP, and whew.

Comments

Popular Posts