Ethan spread his hands. "Aren't you at all curious about us? I'm giving you a chance to see how we live; to decide for yourself--with no lies, no untruths--whether or not we are the monsters you think we are. My house would be open to you. I would hold no secrets."

Capture, Russ' story of how he became a former vampire hunter, should be out soon. I wrote up a blurb (although this might not be the final one.)

Long before Russell Moore ever met Karen Montgomery or set foot in Beth-Hill, he was a vampire hunter. A very good vampire hunter. Quite possibly the best vampire hunter of them all. He brought down whole nests of vampires, caring little about the consequences of his actions; anyone who lived with or helped the vampires were enemies. It was easier that way, not to think of them as people.

Only an idiot would go so far as to capture a vampire hunter and try to reform him--or her.


Ethan Walker was that idiot. He only wanted to protect his family. To show Russ that vampires weren't all evil, soulless creatures. To give him a glimpse of their lives; of their humanity, in the hope that they could, perhaps, live in peace.

And what he set in motion would change both of their lives--forever.


Might I say--I adore Ethan. (Yes, I realize my nephew's name is Ethan too. I adore him as well.) I am toying with the idea of writing a companion series to the companion series (see why I call it "The Mess"?) just because I think Ethan has a lot to say.

Characters in this story (new ones, at least) include: 

--Niles, who is Ethan's (human) tech wizard (in the literal sense of the word.) He's about fifteen in this story. Don't ask me about his name; he came to me with it already. I like Niles, too.

--Ethan Walker, head of the Walker House of both vampires and humans. He's about twenty, young for a Head of Household. He's been talking about attempting a peace treaty with the vampire hunters for years, but he hasn't dared attempt to kidnap a vampire hunter--until now.

--Emily Walker, Ethan's niece. She's human, about eight years old. Niles treats her like a bratty little sister, but Aden enjoys her company.

--Dahlia Walker, Ethan's grandmother. She's an acerbic old woman who is rumored to be dead (not quite yet, she says) who supports her grandson in his mad scheme because there isn't any other way to end and endless war without one side making some sort of compromise/change.

--Aden, another human wizard, who is confined to a wheelchair due to a battle with Russ ten years before in which Russ' partner was killed (by Aden) and Aden's entire world was destroyed. There were two survivors (on the vampires' side) from the battle; Aden and another vampire. Russ spent weeks in the hospital.

--Naomi and Rosemarie Moore, Russ' wife and baby daughter. They don't actually appear in the story, as such... those who have read Ladybug, Ladybug already know what happen to them.

And of course, Andre Dunfaddin.

Comments

Popular Posts