Tonight, like last night, I brewed up a pot of "After Five" tea from Lupicia. It's really tasty tea; I can't taste the peppermint and spearmint as much as I can in other teas, but the flavor is still there, albeit light. My teapot of the evening (and yesterday too) is by Old Time Pottery in Winthrop, WA., courtesy of Goodwill. It's in this pattern. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite teapots, just for the shape. (I'd take a picture, but it's kind of dark in here this evening.)

I've been crocheting, too, this evening. Yesterday, I got the idea that I could use up some of the linen yarn I have to make linen dishcloths. I checked Ravelry to make sure I wasn't the only one to have this idea (I mean, it makes sense; weaving linen towels is a given; why not dishcloths too?) and I wasn't, of course.

I'd never actually buy linen yarn to make dishcloths (well, not the expensive linen yarn, at least), but... I seem to have acquired quite a bit of it anyway. (I do like this pattern as well. But I don't actually follow patterns; I freeform.) Mostly for free, even... and I really wanted something to do with it.

I have six or so cakes of dusky rose linen, so I decided I'd make a dishcloth and see how it worked. I make it pretty big (I'd measure, but I can't find a ruler at the moment) but it seems to have worked out quite well. Since I have so much of this color, I'll probably make a few more if this one holds up to some good use. But I'll toss it in the washer this weekend to finish it, and then see how it works out. I'm planning to make more cotton dishcloths for the craft shows this year; why not some linen ones too?

It's still dreary and rainy and cool--in fact, it's supposed to get pretty cold tonight. (Cold meaning in the upper 50s.) This is heaven, in my opinion. Windy and cool and fabulously October weather, even in September. I can't get enough of it!

Comments

Popular Posts