My idea just isn't going to work--with the dining room table still in the same room. This isn't truly a formal dining room room; it's narrower, and long. Plus, I have--on one wall, the fireplace and closet and door. On the other wall, a long radiator and a window. Then the bay windows. Then the door leading to the hallway. There's just not enough floor space or wall space for everything.

Which leaves me in the same place as before.

The easiest thing to do would be to leave the organ in place; that whole side of the room in place, in fact. Move the bookcases, and put the glass-fronted oak bookcase on this wall, beside my desk. All three bookcases would have to move. Which isn't a big deal, since one will fit on top of the glass-fronted bookcase, and the other two can be put elsewhere.

It wouldn't look terrible, and I think I could actually move my desk over a little bit.

Not much, because of the table, but a little bit.

But then there's the closet problem. And I would really like to eliminate the closet problem. Just removing the door and putting in more shelves (for example) would not erase the problem; it would still be an awkward corner.

I've thought about blocking the closet off entirely and just forgetting it's there. My desk would actually fit sideways across the entire closet. But then I'd be butting up against the glass-fronted bookcase. Which might not be a terrible thing, but might look a bit weird, I don't know. And my desk would just fit. I'd have to find a spot for my computer's CPU, which is currently sitting beside my desk on a shelf. But there's actually three inches to spare, so maybe I could work something out. Hmm. But how would it look sideways with my glass-fronted bookcase effectively behind it? I don't know... and I really don't want to move everything around if I end up moving it right back where it was before.

I've considered putting a small table inside the closet and removing the door. I've also considered somehow creating a desk inside the closet--the neatest idea, yes, but that would mean putting my desk somewhere else, and I rather like my desk... plus, with my desk still in place, that means an extra-awkward corner, oh boy.

If my desk was not here, then it wouldn't be an issue, but again, we come back to the endlessly circling questions and what seem to be endlessly circling pieces of furniture.


*sigh*

Hmm, hold on a second. I think I might have figured it out, at least part of the way... yes, again.


I have hundreds of drawings like this one. We'll see if this works.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I love drawings like that. I even make them for imaginary spaces. :)

Popular Posts