Sometime in early spring, I threw the leftover spaghetti squash out the back door, into the remnants of the little garden (that has now become the berry patch.) Well, a seed sprouted, and grew (and grew and grew and grew and grew) and the resulting Vine is probably close to 12 feet long in places.

There have been lots of flowers, but I hadn't seen any fruit, until this evening, after feeding Mabel. I glanced towards the very overgrown kitchen garden and saw a spaghetti squash hanging from the Vine--a perfect, large spaghetti squash.

I am not sure it will be ready by the time frost arrives, but we'll see... maybe there are more of them hiding amid the weeds. (I didn't dare cut down the weeds outside my door for fear of cutting the vine! And it's getting difficult to maneuver out my back door, at least for the moment, but oh well.)

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Yay, stealth squash!

Popular Posts