WIP Report



So, here I am on Day 4 of the NaNoWriMo, the National Novel Writing Month Contest. (http://www.nanowrimo.com for anyone who doesn't know...)

You know, I did post my official wordcount, but I can't find my name. I can only hope they post the update soon.

Anyway, I'm having fun with this. It's another urban fantasy--I seem to be gravitating towards that genre right now, which is fine. It has another bookstore in it, although this one's not run by Hell, and another kitten, although this one is black and female. Other than that, the similarities to Heart's Desire are slim.

I think it's set in the same 'world', but I'm not absolutely positive. I guess I'll find out! This one involves Faerie a lot, so if it does I'll figure out where it goes in the timeline eventually. It's hard keeping these suckers straight sometimes.

So far, in four days I've written 14,750 words. That's pretty good, considering I've been working on the craft show stuff at the same time.

Yesterday, incidently, I reread The Dead Who Do Not Sleep, my 3-day novel contest submission. There are some parts that could have used an expansion, and there was one misspelled word i can't believe I didn't catch. Other than that, though, it read quite well, I thought. If I don't win, I'll definitely expand it to at least 40k if not longer.

Anyway, I have to get up early tomorrow, so that's it for tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts