The doll looks very cool. I need a stand, but that's about it. Hmm. It's still light outside... I could go get one now...

I'm rereading Charles DeLint's Memory and Dream at the moment, because it's the book I return to most often when I'm having second thoughts about my choices in life. Not second thoughts, really, but... thoughts.

And we made from scratch vegetable soup today, using all home-grown veggies with a fresh tomato sauce base. Heaven. Absolute heaven. We're also making spaghetti sauce, which is also with fresh tomato sauce. This is something we do every year. Yum. The whole house smells great.

The weather outside has turned to fall quite quickly, and I think part of my problem is that I'm not ready for fall yet. It's my favorite time of year, but this summer flew by so quickly that I'm having to reread my archives just to convince myself that I did live through it.

Time flies... Before I know it, it will be Christmastime again. Yikes.

Stopped at a new store yesterday on the way home from Storage, it's called Country Treasures and it's full of cool stuff. I have my eye on some handmade wooden spoons as well as lavender for $1/cup. Christmas shopping already? Not yet, but I'm thinking about it.

The owner and I also talked for about an hour--and I might have my very first booksigning at the store. Wouldn't that be cool? I'm not going to be in town for their open house, but a booksigning would be wonderful. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to get some more books from my publisher. Hmm.

Other than that, things are moving. I have to work tomorrow, which is okay, since I'm working 7-3:30 all week so that's nice, but I do like my day off. And now that crunch time is approaching craft-wise, it'd be nice to get as much done as I possible can so I'm not stressed about the shows.

Anyway. I need to go feed the animals, then go back upstairs and finish my doll. Perhaps I'll post a picture of her later; she's cute!

Comments

Popular Posts