Note: This post isn’t going to make sense unless you know what I’m talking about. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, then you aren’t or weren’t a part of it, and there are too many people involved as it is.

There comes a time in life when you have to cut your losses (whatever they may be) and move on, or you will not have closure for whatever particular issue has been driving you crazy.

It’s time to move on, people.

There comes a time when you have to weigh the cost of acting professionally with acting like a child, and decide which one you are. I’m not naming names, but from what I’ve been hearing, certain parties involved in this current mess (and I shouldn’t have to name any names) have resorted to petty malingering to make someone in the opposite camp look bad.

I think someone forgot to tell me that the disagreement had become a full-blown war.

This continued malice really bothers me. It makes me want to cut all ties to both organizations and concentrate on what I’m supposed to be concentrating on—my writing career. If the combatants had any sense, that’s what they would be doing as well.

What does it gain to do this? Is this professional, adult behaviour? Letting off steam is one thing, but I have a feeling the parties involved are skating pretty close to the point of no return.

People have disagreements. I had one, and yet I am able to sit here and say (quite honestly) that I wish those I disagreed with well. I bear no one malice, nor do I hold it in my heart. I still believe that what I did was right, and no doubt they believe that what they did was also right.

I will not ever be able to change their minds; nor do I want to. It’s not up to me to change anyone’s minds.

Flames are one thing. Disagreements, yet another. But please, stop and realize that this is no playground; no imaginary game. What you do/post/email/say on the internet is just as real as everything else.

If you met your adversaries face-to-face, would you react the same? Or would you conduct yourself in a professional manner that so few people seem to grasp nowadays?

I have to admit; the “enemy” sure looks like they are acting professionally at the moment. I see no malingering from them, at least not in public and not where I can find it. They have said, time and time again, to move on, and I think that’s a good suggestion.

It’s time to move on, people. Let it rest. The horse is dead.

You cannot build an empire on unstable ground. If you want something to shine, do not begin it using deceit and malice as your foundation.

Comments

Popular Posts