Yard sale weekend! I didn't get much: $19 worth of books at the library booksale (and two James Blaylock's I've been dying to have in hardback, even!) an oldish quilt, some very nice wool plaid fabric for $1, and some jewelry that turned out not to be just junk jewelry after all. Was that it? I think so.

What I passed up: A violin with a very nice case and bow for $150, a sewing machine without a base or motor or anything (Singer) from 1891 for $5 (I have made a decision to only buy things I'm going to use, or resell, and there's no way I'd do anything with it), a treadle sewing machine (Honeymoon brand?! Never heard of it) that I would have bought for $65 if the top part was original and not stained plywood (it only needed a cable or a belt to work.)

Then I came home and picked tomatoes. Not too many, only one tray full, but still. :)

Tomorrow is Burlington! I'm still looking for a box/trunk/thingy to put at the foot of my bed, so hopefully I will find one that fits. We'll see; the measurements I want are a bit odd, so I'm not hoping too much.

And I'm trying to teach myself to knit and not having much luck. I printed out some clearer instructions, so we'll see if I can manage to follow them and actually get somewhere.

More later, no doubt, especially if I get frustrated with this knitting stuff. :)

Comments

Popular Posts