It rained for what seemed like a half a minute, but which was probably more like 15 minutes earlier. Not enough! We need a solid week of rain. Really. We're now in drought conditions, after all.

I have baby cucumbers in the garden, however. They are about as thick as my thumb, and maybe four or five inches long. And the bird's nest gourd is loaded as well. (And I have a tomato ripening! Yay!)

I did add potatoes to the soup, and let it simmer for another hour. It's now cooling in containers in the fridge before I stick it in the freezer. (I will leave some out for supper, though.) (Making the soup came about after I read the nutrition information on the back of the Campbell's Vegetarian Vegetable soup I usually eat for lunches and found out it has almost half the daily serving of sodium in it. Not to mention that the can of soup is 2.5 servings. Right. So mine is healthier, haha.

I have come to the conclusion that there will be three or four containers in the basement that haven't been gone through, aren't likely to be gone through, and can rot down there until I need something out of them. I just don't know what to do with some of my stuff, and I don't feel like trying to find a place for it. I'm calling it 'Not Garbage', because it's not, but it's also not something I want to throw away, either. So down the basement it can go, in my opinion.

('Cause Mom is having a Pampered Chef party on September 11, and we are inviting the family over for a pizza supper at my house afterwards. I have incentive to get everything cleaned up!)

Soanyway, I have just a couple more things to get rid of in the living room (like the table, and the stuff on it) and then I will move into the hallway. Onward! (And I intend to write this evening. Really, I do.

Comments

Popular Posts