For the past two days, the last line of Transformation has been this:

Eda glanced down. In ragged, actual letters, the dog had written Yes.

And my subconscious has been struggling with Bear.

Bear's a bearhound, a really big dog who looks like a black komondor. (No kidding--that's a perfect picture. And here are some more.) And he's not just a dog. He's smart, he understands human speech, and I knew there was something special about him when he appeared on Val's porch in So You Want to be a Vampire.

Only, I didn't know what was so special about him.

I thought at first that he would end up under some sort of curse, but at 3am this morning when I woke up to check the snow (and use the facilities), my subconscious obligingly offered me a solution.

And you know what? It fits perfectly in with the storyline, almost as if I had been planning this all along. (You can keep believing that if you'd like; I don't mind. *grin*) And it will work. In fact, it will work better than I ever hoped it would work, because I really like Bear and didn't want to lose him as a non-POV character.

What fun.

At least this minor bump in the road didn't derail me for months like the two in SYWTBAV did. Whew!

Comments

Popular Posts