Well, surprisingly, I actually didn't go over budget. The table went for $95; the other table went for $210, and the couch went for over a hundred dollars. (And it just wasn't comfortable, so I really didn't intend to bid after I sat in it.) I bought a Dormeyer stand mixer from the 1950s (with both bowls, beaters and a meat grinder attachment) for $7.50, a box of vintage Pyrex and Glasbake custard cups and a glass jar for $10, and one of my stick bookcases for $5. The bookcase was once painted yellow, poor thing, and they painted over it in black. It looks terrible, but it's sturdy. I also bought two Plymouth Pewter candlesticks with three candle holders each for $5. It's really a nice design. I can't seem to find many Plymouth Pewter pieces on ebay, surprisingly.

(And tomorrow at Burlington, there will be stick bookcases there for $65!)

The mixer works. Now I don't have to worry about finding another beater and the right bowls for my 1930s Sunbeam Mixmaster mixer. And it sure beats the price of a Kitchenaid. :)

Dad bought an art deco coffee pot, a little clock that has a spring instead of a pendulum, and some pictures. One of the Ruthven prints (the big fox one) went for over $1000. There was a nice little iron patio set there that went for $125, which was cheap but again, out of my price range.

Dad and I bought one of these (just the percolator) for $30. Ours has butterscotch yellow bakelite on the top and the spout, though.

Tomorrow, I am looking for a mortar & pestle (reasonably priced, of course), but if I don't find one, I may just get one from ebay or see if someone can make me one from etsy. Other than that, I'm not looking for much of anything.

Comments

Popular Posts