I went to an auction in Wilmington today with Dad--and oh, did I melt! But then again, everyone else was melting, too, so it worked out. Ran into some issues early on when I got caught in the Bethel 5k/10k run/walk, which was very, very annoying. But we managed to make everything work out in the end, although we didn't get to the auction as early as we wanted to.

And what did I come home with, you ask? Because you know I can't go to an auction and not buy anything (unless it's 20 degrees outside or something like that.)

--A Canadian Production Spinning Wheel that needs a bit of work. But that's ok; this one was already on my list and will be my last project for a while.

--a box full of those little brightly colored ice cream/cereal bowls that I love. I'm not sure if they were originally grocery store giveaways (like the jam juice glasses) or what, but there are a couple on ebay. I've been picking these up here and there for years, and now I have about 50 of them. Yikes! Obviously I'm not keeping them all. But I think I have all the colors now. One of these days I will find out where they came from.

--Two oil lamps and one stoneware jug from 1892. Those are for Burlington/Ebay. I also ended up with a couple of boxes of glassware and mugs for the yard sale in September. (Boxlots.)

--A cute little adjustable oak stand that I think was made by the local Amish. This will be a handy loom stand/support, i think.

--And a Viking sewing machine--that was only $7.50, though, so I didn't feel so bad. It's a nice one; I'm probably going to keep it if it works okay. I did not, however, buy any of the others (there were at least 10 there.), mostly because I was too hot and sweaty and tired to lug sewing machines everywhere.

And that's it, which was enough. Once I got home with everything, it started to rain and we ended up packing Dad's van for Burlington in the rain.

Burlington's tomorrow. I have someone coming to pick up an ebay purchase. I will not buy any spinning wheels unless they can be resold easily.

There I said it. I've probably just jinxed myself. However, it's supposed to be just as hot tomorrow as it was today (and there's a 60% chance of rain, too), and I really don't want to be dead on Monday. So no heavy stuff* unless it's FREE or darned near free. How's that sound?!




*Meaning: No Great Wheels, because five is enough, and I really don't want to pass out from heat exhaustion tomorrow. My coworker is going out on leave for two weeks starting Tuesday, and I have to be at work 'cause I'll be the only one there doing our job descriptions. So there.

Comments

Popular Posts