Early on a Winter Morning...

I'm getting ready to go to work. I peek outside; the parking lot is silent and the cars are sitting there, waiting for their owners to begin their day. On the other side of the house, the Christmas lights twinkle, and the street is bare and empty and cold.

It's 22 degrees (F) outside. I think to myself that it would have been nice to stay at home today; to have a four day weekend. Maybe next year I'll ask off. I've not been off between the holidays since High School when I didn't have a job.

So I pack lunches, make toast, smear peanut butter on my breakfast, and warm up tea in the microwave to warm my soul. It's quiet in the house this morning. I like quiet.

Later on this afternoon, when I return, I'll have to leave on errands again for a little while. But although I'm not a morning person even on good days, sometimes I need this quiet to be able to relax a little before I have to put on my public face for everyone else around me.

Good morning, life. Tomorrow it will be another year, and I can't wait to see what happens in it.

More later...

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts