No offense to my hubby, but he's finally gone. *g* It's not like I don't love him and everything, but sometimes I get more done when he's not home, you know what I mean?

Now I'm all by myself, making lunch so I can finish the bedroom. Got the chest of drawers (both sets) cleaned off, now I think I need to clean them out one more time. And match socks! Oh boy. :)

Had the ending to the Christmas Story today. It ran a little long (90 pages!) but I was satisfied with the ending. And from the comments I've gotten and have been getting, I think I will definitely do one next year as well. I haven't quite decided what to do about the mailing list yet, though. I could leave it active, and give everyone the option of unsubbing, or just let them wait until next year and the next story if they want to stay subbed. I'm not at all sure how long Yahoogroups lets a mailing list lie fallow, though. I might have to check on that.

The Christmas story was fun to write. I'm definitely finishing the story before I start posting chapters, though; I had some stressful days there and I certainly didn't need to be stressed out over the holidays. :) It was nice to visit Jacob again. I'm looking forward to writing the true sequel to The Tenth Ghost after Operation Clean Slate is over.

Let's see. I got an encouraging rejection from DiskUs Books on a short story (The Twa Sisters) I sent them a while back. They're the ones that rejected Second Coming. I was invited to submit anything else I might have, so I guess they liked the story. I just wish I could find a place for that story! It would be nice to know I placed the only short story I wrote in 2001. *g*

I haven't heard from ROC yet, but that's not a surprise. Haven't heard from Jintsu either, but again, no surprise there. Will post as soon as I have news. I think those are the only two subs I have out right now. After OCS, I need to get cracking and revise and sub more. But I'm not going to worry about that now.

Comments

Popular Posts