Well. In three hours, my time, it will be 2002. Another year, passed and gone.

2001 was a very interesting year for me. I made a conscious decision to submit, submit, submit; I began to take writing a lot more seriously than I had before. I tried and failed to get organized, I had many stupid arguments with my husband about stupid things. :) I decided it was Not Fun to be poor. I signed book contracts, and saw the publication of my very first YA novel. I did a Christmas Serial story and it was a success.

This time next year, I'd like to be sitting in my very own office in my very own house, but I'm not sure that is going to happen next year. A girl can dream, can't she? This time next year, I want to have a book contract in hand for a pro publisher, and/or an agent. This time next year, I want to sit down and write in my blog: I AM ORGANIZED, AND HAVE BEEN FOR A FULL YEAR. This time next year, I want to have the secret project off the ground, the polymer clay ebook out, and I want to have sold 150 copies of The Tenth Ghost. This time next year, I want to have at least nine novels finished, and at least five more published and/or contracted.

I don't want much, do I? But seriously, if I don't write down my dreams, I'll forget they even existed. And then at the end of the year, I'll wonder what happened to my goals and my resolutions and my dreams.

I only had four resolutions in 2001. For 2002, I have twenty. They're more specific than the 2001 Resolutions, but I have more specific goals in mind. My 2001 Resolutions matched my expectations for 2001. My 2002 Resolutions match my expectations for 2002.

I can stay focused for a year. I can do this, because a person who can write a novel in fifteen days and hold down a full-time job at the same time can stay focused for a year. That same person can succeed in her goals, and I believe I can do it.

And you know what? That's the first step.

Happy New Year, everyone. Here's to 2002.

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts