Last night, I saw HP 3 at the drive-in. We stayed for Shrek 2 and got home around 2:30am, which is the latest I've been up for a while. Needless to say, I'm not in tiptop shape this morning.

The last time I read HP 3 was when it came out, so I'd forgotten much of what happened. For some reason, the HP books aren't conductive to rereading, at least for me. They were good (except for the last one), but when I started rereading Book 1, it just didn't hold my attention. And anyway, mine are in Storage at the moment, and quite difficult to reach. That's going to be my excuse.

For what it's worth, I liked the movie. I'm not sure if I liked it more than the others or just about the same. I loved the visual effects of the map, though. And Lupin. And Hermione.

Oh, and Buckbeak. That's one hell of a CGI effect, there. One of the best CGI effects I've ever seen.

Even though it was long enough, it seemed too short. Although I think I wouldn't have stayed to watch Shrek 2 again if it was any longer; the movie didn't actually end until midnight.

Definitely one I will buy and watch again.

Comments

Popular Posts