TER is finally beginning to pick up. I won't get it done by the time we leave, but that's okay. If it stays on track, I'll get it done while we're in Florida.

I sent NS to a very kind reader last night, and submitted TSoR to Jintsu. Trying to get some stuff taken care of before we leave, obviously.

I haven't heard from either of the editing jobs I applied for. I'm not all that worried; there are a lot of conventions and expos, etc. and the one editor said it might be a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow is Friday. This week had been dragging, so I'm very glad. I had a dream last night that I forgot to come to work this morning because I thought it had to be Saturday, but that didn't happen. :)

Yesterday afternoon a storm blew through that dumped 2 inches of rain in less than 30 minutes. Needless to say, our street was covered with water in the usual spots on the way home, and a couple front yards were lakes. The creeks were really rushing last night, so after supper I donned jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and my trusty hat, and took the camera out for waterfall pictures.

(They aren't huge waterfalls, just ones in the creek. But I got some good pictures.)

About three or four miles back there's a cliff that would probably have been streaming with water last night. But it takes a couple of hours to get back there, and the mosquitos were bad enough where I was. (I've only been to the cliff once.) But it was so hot and muggy that my clothes were sticking to my skin. Ugh.

The water in the creek almost came up over my boots, which means it was about a foot deep in places. I took a couple pictures where the creek had jumped the bank, too, and saw a groundhog foraging for greenery as well.

Comments

Popular Posts