Oh, and yesterday we went to both Goodwills, because they had a 50% off sale, and I think I hit the motherload. :) Only spending $60 total, even, which wasn't bad. I got a lot of good stuff, including a Chinese terra cotta teapot with a double strainer and an older redware teapot made in England. Some Denby dinnerware, a lot of handmade pottery (including a blue mug that is very cool) and some advertising pie plates I thought would look cool in my eventual kitchen. Some shirts, and two pairs of jeans... I think I satisfied the bargain hunter urge until we get to go to Salvation Army in Florida. (The Salvation Army stores in Florida are lovely. The Goodwill stores in Florida stink. (Literally!) It's the opposite here.)

When I unpack stuff in Storage, it will be like going to Goodwill all over again, because a lot of the stuff I've gotten, I've packed right away and I don't really remember what I have or don't have anymore. In that respect, Storage is like a black hole. Only I will eventually get everything out and sorted and put away (or sold.)

Oh, and I guess I'm collecting teapots now. Not cutesy teapots; cool ones. And functional too. I hate non-functional stuff, no matter how much it's worth.

Comments

Popular Posts