Counseling a fictional character has to be one of the more unusual requests my coworkers have had. I had to make sure I was on track with how Malachi is acting in Scarecrows, so I asked one of the counselors at the office to give me their advice as I explained the scenario and the background of the story.

Turns out I’m not far off, so that’s good. I have promised her a mention in the acknowledgements for this book. ;)

SCR is moving along, but I haven’t touched Ladybug, Ladybug all week. I did, however, hotsync for the first time in two months (I hadn’t realized it was two months until I checked last night. Yikes!) and transferred Ladybug, Ladybug to the Dana so I can work on it without internet access. I am finding the internet too much of a distraction for writing in my office. Again. Urgh. Yes, even with dial-up.

Yesterday on the way home from work, I started getting flashes about Nightshades. I am thinking I will end up rewriting it from scratch, like I did all of my more interesting books. I’m not ready to write it yet; I still have some issues to work out with Ella, but I think I’ll be on the right track when I do get around to it.

For the record, Scarecrows takes place at the same time as The Eighth Room. The Secret of Redemption takes place right after Scarecrows. And we’re still five or six years away from catching up with the Shadows trilogy. Yikes.

Oh, and congrats to Vicki on the good news!

Comments

Popular Posts