An observation:

I feed the cats one teaspoonful of canned cat food in the mornings and one teaspoonful of canned cat food in the evenings.

A 5.5 ounce can of cat food rarely lasted an entire day. Meaning: By the time I had doled out four helpings, there was only one helping left in the can. So it would go into the fridge until I had enough leftovers for a morning's or evening's helpings.

I recently discovered that they also make 13 ounce cans of cat food. I bought a couple on Tuesday, and used it Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning and evening, Thursday morning and evening, and on Friday morning. Friday evening I had to open another can.

If I was using 4.4 ounces per morning/evening (on average if each cat gets an ounce each time) then I should have used up 26.4 ounces between Tuesday evening and Friday morning. Instead, I used 13 ounces. And it didn't seem to me that anyone got much smaller helpings. (At least I heard no complaints.)

Interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts