I'm all alone tonight! Well, not really alone, since Mabel and the cats are here, and Bekah will be home soon. But at the moment, I'm alone. It's nice.

My life revolves around litterboxes, putting down paper so Mischa can pee on the paper instead of the floor (argh), sweeping cat hair off the steps and out of every corner, and wiping slobber off my pants.

But that's okay. I can live with it. Actually, it's going quite well, other than the peeing on the floor bit. I had to explain to Bekah today that all animals shed in the springtime, and while it's irritating to have to sweep the floors quite often, they don't shed all the time. (Everyone is shedding at the moment. Including me.)

I have the cats' food on top of a table now, for when Mabel is allowed in the rest of the house (which will be as soon as we can get things picked up.) I cleaned a bit this weekend--not as much as I wanted, but I did get all the laundry done, at least. This includes various rugs that had hairballs cemented to them, so clean rugs will be nice.

Speaking of hairballs, I can't really tell if the new food is helping. I haven't really found any fresh hairballs. Just old ones we missed.

I am working on making little visual displays throughout the house with some of my cool things. I have typewriters on display, and books, and anything else I can find that will look good together. I've taken some pictures, but unfortunately, I still have to buy the version of WS_FTP I was using, or find my jump drive (it's in a box) and transfer the old version from Dad's computer to this one. (That's the only program I forgot to transfer, of course.)

This will be a nice week, work-wise. I have a meeting tomorrow, so I don't have to go in to the office at all, and the rest of the week will be eight-hour days, which means I'll get home earlier, which will be good for being productive in what I've started this weekend cleaning-wise. I should be able to get some decent writing done as well. But we'll see.

Writing-wise, I've been working on SCR a little bit at a time over the weekend. I'm about to go write some tonight, since I've been cleaning all day and I feel I deserve a break tonight. It's going as well as it can, I guess, even though it's still a bit murky.

Other than that, all is well as far as I know.

Comments

Popular Posts