Reason # 2,119 that it's nice to have a ShopVac (even if it isn't mine):

When the house two-year-old accidentally drops a bouncy ball down the bathtub drain and it vanishes into the pipes, it's very nice not to have a plumbing bill. On Dad's suggestion (a last resort before dumping a bottle of vegetable oil down the drain and hoping for the best), I blocked the overflow drain, stuck the ShopVac's shortest tube down the drain, and turned it on. It took less than two minutes to suck up the bouncy ball, which is going to stay in the ShopVac.

(I have reinstalled the plug in the drain. I took it out early on because it was all clogged, and then it wouldn't go back, so I kind of forgot to try to reinstall it. After buying a strainer-thingy this afternoon and having it not fit, I thought I'd try the drain again, and managed to get it in. Yay.)

I might just have to buy a ShopVac for myself eventually.

(Two hours later, he deliberately shoved my jasmine plant off the ledge it has been sitting on for two months (untouched), breaking one of my Sango Avignon plates (I only have four) and causing me to lose my temper for the second time today. Argh! The bouncy ball was an accident, but the plant was most definitely not.)

Now I'm tired, my back hurts, and I'm going to curl up in bed (in a moment) to write.

One good thing: I got an unexpected check for $95 from Keybank today. Evidently they audited my mortgage account, and credited me the money that would have been for the final inspection, which was evidently not necessary. So found money! Cool, especially since I'm broke until my next payday-ish.

Oh, and tonight is the big test as to whether Mabel is housebroken or not... I'm leaving her crate open overnight. Baby gates will still be up, but she will have the run of the two rooms. So we'll see.

Wish us luck.

Comments

Popular Posts