Here's the 'more later':

Two weeks ago or so I called Holman Chevrolet/Pontiac/Buick/etc. to see about refinancing my lease early, since the interest rates are bound to creep up by September when my lease expires. I left a message which wasn't returned, and finally got ahold of the guy on Wednesday.

He told me that refinancing a lease is a bad idea, because I would owe more money than the car is worth. And that the best thing to do is to try for a new car--which would be under warranty anyway. And if I got a new car--financed as a buy and not a lease--I wouldn't have to worry about the mileage.

I explained that I really, really liked my Vibe and if I had to get a new car, that was fine, but it had to be a Vibe. He said he'd check the lot in Bethel and see if they had a blue one available with the same options that mine has. (Options I need: luggage rack, a/c (although I think that's standard), automatic. Options I have that I don't really need: CD player (although it's nice), sunroof.) And I also told him that the reason why I wanted to refinance was that I was way overmileage and had just bought a house and had no extra money to spend.

He was supposed to call me back at work on Wednesday, but he told me this morning that he tried back too late and was off yesterday. So I forgave him, because he said they had one available. It was silver, but silver's okay. In fact, I really like the silver colored Vibes.

It has automatic doors and windows, which is something I don't like but will live with. It also has cruise control, which is really nice, because that's the only thing I wish was on my current Vibe. And a keyless entry, which is another thing I don't need but will live with.

It has all the options my current one has as well. I don't think it's four wheel drive, but I'm not sure. I will find out tomorrow.

So anyway, I talked to the finance guy at Bethel, who was really nice. He ran all the stuff for me, and ended up with a monthly amount that was a little higher than I wanted, but still very workable.

I'm to pick it up tomorrow and turn mine in. I just got finished cleaning it out. I'm going to the car wash before I head to Bethel, just to be nice.

My Vibe's in good shape. In reality, the only thing they'll ding me on is the mileage, and since there was a rebate on the new one, I will get a check that should cover the mileage. So whee all around!

The only drawback so far is that I'll have to get new license plates, after just buying the stickers for this year in March. Grrrrr.

I will update on the pick up and what happened when I get back home tomorrow.

------------------------

Tonight, of course, Mom, Dad, and I went to Goodwill. The coolest thing I found was a set of four old horse brasses (I knew what they were, even!) for $2. Dad and I did some research and came across one of them on a horse brass website for $52. Not bad. I also got a small pine shelf, a pair of jeans, and a little spongeware plate that looks like it was once part of a kid's tea set. It has a cat on it. I thought it was appropriate.

I found a set of four P&G advertising coasters in a box marked 'Ivory' for Dad for $2, too. So not bad at all.

The only drawback was the traffic--it took me 25 minutes to get to Red Lobster from my office, which is less than three miles away. Ugh.

Comments

Popular Posts