Whew!

Separating clumps of lemon balm is a job for stronger arms than mine. It just didn't want to separate. I almost brought out my knife to cut those chunks apart. In retrospect, that would have been a very good idea, since I was using a trowel. (Remember that next time, darn it all.)

And I started to dig up the grass (okay, sod, I guess) to merge the two flowerbeds into one huge flowerbed. It's going to take longer than I thought, unless I water the grass first, I think. I might try that tomorrow. I don't think I even cleared an eighteen inch square piece of ground this evening and since the stretch of ground between the two flowerbeds is longer than I thought, I might be done by winter. (Only half kidding.)

I have a long list of stuff to do tomorrow, since I had to work today. Some of it depends on the weather--I'm not working outside in the heat if I don't have to--and some of it just depends on how long I last before my weak muscles (at least I can feel them now, though, and digging up sod has to be good exercise) give out. It's aerobic, right? By the time I'm done, I should have muscles. :)

I ran out of mint and lemon balm to give out on Freecycle, but I'm digging up more this weekend, so everyone should end up satisfied in the end. And I posted a 'wanted' notice for plants and flowers, and have a line on rudbeckia and tiger lilies. Yay!

Half my yarn is downstairs (I'm exaggerating, but that's what it seems like sometimes) thanks to Mischa, who just now walked past with another skein hanging from his mouth like a weird colored bird or a really mutant mouse. *sigh*

Mabel puked on the rug today, but it needed to be washed anyway, so I didn't really care. And it's the kitchen rug, which she has really claimed as her own. (When I give her a treat, she always carries it to the kitchen rug to eat it.)

One of these days I will find a new rug and give her that rug for keeps.

Um. I love the new car, I'm getting the same gas mileage that I was before, which is what I expected, and I drove almost 400 miles over the weekend somehow. Still not sure about that one.

Over the weekend, someone posted picket fencing on Freecycle. I didn't see it until evening, and knew when I replied that I probably wouldn't get it. Even so, I went to bed last night imaging what I could do with free fencing. I came close to calling Dad to tell him about it, just in case he missed it, but my cell phone was charging downstairs and I didn't feel like going all the way downstairs to get it.

When I woke up this morning, the fencing was gone, pending pickup. I was really disappointed, because this is the first thing I've actually really wanted on Freecycle. (So far--I haven't been a member all that long.) So I moped for a bit (An aside--Mischa just left with another skein of yarn, darn him) and then the thought crossed my mind that it would be very funny if the person who got the fencing was Dad, since he's on the list as well.

Well, I thought about calling him, but didn't because I was busy at work. So later on this evening, while looking for kittens in the shed (Momma stray cat is skinny now and I saw her leaving the shed, so it was plausible they were there (I didn't find any, though) I called Dad--or Dad called me, I disremember.

Anyway, to make a long story short, of course it turns out that Dad was the one who gets to pick up the fencing. Which just figures. :)

So we'll see. There's only 30 feet of it, so not enough to do the whole backyard, but still. It's a start. And I'd much rather recycle fencing than buy new if I can.

Comments

Popular Posts