I have been threatening to buy a new printer, because I keep saying it would be cheaper to buy a new printer than to get printer cartridges for my Dell Photo Printer 720 that came with my computer.

On the Dell website, the 2-pack printer cartridges are $55.99, on ebay they run for about $35, and even lasermonks doesn't always have Dell products. (Although at the moment, they have the ink cartridges available for $21.95 each.)

Well, today I went to Meijer to get some canned cat food and lunch, and I walked by a display of HP printers. I used to have a HP printer, and I really liked it. Also, the ink cartridges are much easier to find.

The HP DeskJet 3940 was on sale for $14.99, and the 2-pack of printer cartridges (not HP, but I don't care) cost $22.70. Total price for the entire package was less than the 2-pack cartridges for the Dell.

So of course I bought it. And I printed out two 8x10 photos and wow! It's better than the Dell was. I didn't even use photo paper and I'm impressed. I don't need a big fancy printer, after all, because I just don't print out that much. But it's handy to have a printer when you need one, so I have one now. It's nice and small and quiet and fast. Just what I wanted.

Comments

Popular Posts