It was almost 60 outside yesterday, so I spent some time cleaning up the debris from last year's growing season, like the dead vines on the front porch and the dead mint (I smelled good, though, when I was done with that.) The only thing I did in the big garden was pick up the bamboo and make a fence for the garlic, so there's still a lot to do there. But even amid the mud, I got a lot done, Mabel got to spend some time outside, and it was nice.

Then I came back inside, put the ingredients for pizza dough in the bread machine, steamed half a (very short) wall with my new-to-me wallpaper steamer (I will not be using this when it's hot outside, let me tell you. And it's kind of scary), took out the pizza dough, split it in two and froze two personal sized pizza crusts, then made some more for supper. It was yummy.

I went to bed, slept until 3am, and then couldn't get back to sleep until about 7am. But when I did go back to sleep, I had a series of dreams. One of them was a story--a YA Beth-Hill book that concerns a goat, a girl, and her brother--and the other one was about my house. It was... interesting. If I have time I'm going to write it up on the House St. Clair blog.

We had pancakes yesterday for breakfast. As I predicted, the syrup we have has HFCS in it. So I plopped a bit of Simply Fruit Blackberry Jelly in a little custard bowl, stuck it in the microwave for 20 seconds, and had Blackberry 'Syrup' instead. It was very good, and it sure beats paying $3.59 for Blackberry Syrup at the grocery store (and it contains HFCS anyway, so I wouldn't be doing that.)

Comments

Popular Posts