So I had placed an order for a trackball mouse from Dell for work, because they were cheaper from Dell than buying the very same one on ebay.

Today, I got a call from Dell; the trackball mouse has been discontinued (once again) and they don't have it. So off to ebay I go, argh!

I use a trackball mouse at work, see, but the ones we can buy (we have to order from specific catalogs) are crap. They have too many moving parts, and the moving parts get clogged with nasty and I end up not being able to move my mouse left (at all) or barely functional. It's not fun.

So I offered to buy one for myself--the very same one I have at home that I love--the one that only has three moving parts, the tiny balls that might get clogged with stuff, but that doesn't affect the movement of the mouse at all. That's the one I was going to buy from Dell.

So now I get to buy a refurbished one from ebay, which is fine, too, only a bit more expensive. *sigh* At least soon I will have a mouse that works, dammit!

Comments

Grey said…
I have taken my mice apart and cleaned the gunk off the parts, and returned them to working like new...
Jennifer said…
Yeah, this is after many cleanings. The little rubber pieces are falling apart and that's the problem. :)

Popular Posts