So I was watching this auction on ebay for a Norwegian Cradle Loom, because someone whose blog I read now and again had just gotten one from her husband for their anniversary or her birthday or something. I asked her where to get one, and she told me; it's sold from the Vesterheim Norwegian-American museum for $99.

Ok, I thought, that might be something neat to have eventually.

The auction contained two heddles (cheap to buy) and the Norwegian Cradle Loom book, which is out of print, but not unavailable if you know where to look. And in fact, I'd definitely want the book first, because I can't quite tell how to use the loom from the pictures I've seen.

So anyway, I was watching the auction, which ended today. It was up to $66 this morning, which was still reasonable, but I wasn't intending to bid, so I didn't pay attention to what it sold for until I got home this evening and checked. And just about fainted.

This is the same loom. For $99.

I am so tempted to buy one, and the book (which, together, along with a proper usable heddle, would cost me around $130), post it starting at $150, and see what happens. Yikes!

Comments

Popular Posts