I planted about 75 potatoes this evening, red, blue, and regular. We'll see how they do. I decided to go ahead and plant them on the west side of the house again; that worked well last year. I also planted them in the 'sandbox' again, too. I still have about a half a drawer left, but some of those are going to Mom and Dad's house. I could probably fit a row in the big garden if needed.

Today at work I got a box full of seeds--they are last year's seeds, but they were free, so that's even better. I have loads of seeds now. Loads and loads. I'm going to sort through them all and plant what needs to be planted now (I worked up the ground a bit while I was outside, earlier) and spotted a volunteer swiss chard plant from last year while I was out. The kale is still alive, but it's not sprouting yet. The asparagus is not yet big enough to eat (I'm hoping by Sunday, though.) I have to divide the pink spiderwort, because there are about fifty plants now--that stuff spreads almost as bad as mint--so some of that will go in the front flowerbed.

My blackberries are starting to sprout back out, and I now have four raspberry canes--two old, two new. The old ones should bear this year.

I am considering buying a new lawnmower--I was hoping to buy a new battery for my electric lawnmower this year, but alas, the batteries are no longer available. So that leaves me with an electric lawnmower that only holds about a 20 minute charge (after charging for six months), a reel lawnmower that I can use out back just fine, but the front is another story, and my gas lawnmower, which I detest using.

A new electric lawnmower (the one I have my eye on, at least) costs $315, which isn't terrible, really, since my gas one almost cost $300 anyway, and that would be my price limit. I have the money--I really do--so that's not the issue, but do I really need to buy a new lawnmower this year?

If I want to mow my lawn without annoyance and/or irritation, yes. But I'm still considering it. So we'll see.

I have enough flower seed this year to cover most of my lawn. I'm not going to do that--I still have grass--but once everything grows and starts blooming, it will be fabulous.

Comments

Popular Posts