Planted:

--swiss chard
--arugula
--spring lettuce mix
--mesculun (sp?) lettuce mix
--round carrots
--radishes
--scallions
--onions (because I had the seed, not because I'm actually going to do anything with them.)
--there may be another carrot in here somewhere, too.

Now I'm just about to go sow the seeds that need to be sown now; the cold weather the rest of the week (down to 28! And it feels like it's 75 out front right now) won't hurt them because they won't be up yet and they will be safe and snug in the aquarium hothouse.

I still have to figure out what to plant in the spot in front of the side porch (where I had put lettuce before; last year the malabar spinach that didn't get enough sunlight and carrots, which grew well, so it may be all carrots this time.)

(Right now, I'm waiting for my loaf of bread to come out of the oven; I am afraid that I will ignore the timer if I go outside to start sowing seeds. Also, I finished the first scarf off the Lervad loom. It's hanging up to dry at the moment. I used vintage linen blend yarn, and it is really soft and pretty.)


EDIT @ 6pm:

I sowed the Red Fig tomatoes, four kinds of peppers (paprika, cayenne, and regular), and Rosa Bianca Eggplant. Then I sowed the herb seeds, at least some of them. Four kinds of basil (I have seven total; I sowed Lettuce Leaf, Globe, Cinnamon, and Lime), Summer Savory, Chervil, Parsley, Spearmint, and probably something else I can't remember offhand. I filled the first aquarium, though, so that was enough for the day.

Comments

Popular Posts