I'm back from Burlington, and despite quite a high expectation of rain, it held off until the very end. (Now it's pouring at my house, however, which is actually good, because my garden needs it.) I sold the Saxony spinning wheel and a bunch of other things, so it was a good day even with the chance of rain. I did not bring the Great Wheel, so that will have to wait until next month.

So, all in all, it was a good show.

Remember when I posted (just below!) that I went through my cookbooks to clear off half a shelf and so I could bring some to Burlington? Well, I sold about half of the ones I brought, which is good... but I bought eight more. sigh. Perhaps I spoke too soon.

But I got some interesting books--

Bread, from sourdough to rye by Linda Collister
Prairie Home Breads by Linda Fertig (I am a sucker for bread books, obviously. At least those go in a different spot in the kitchen and not with the other cookbooks!)
Depression Era Recipes by Patricia R. Wagner
Biscotti by Lou Seibert Pappas
Edible Pockets for Every Meal by (Dumplings, Turnovers, and Pasties) Donna Rathmell German
The Korean Kitchen by Copeland Marks
Dim Sum: The Art of Chinese Tea Lunch by Ellen Leong Blonder
Spirit of the Harvest: North American Indian Cooking by Beverly Cox and Martin Jacobs (which has a recipe for sunflower seed soup in it, so of course I had to buy it. (Among other things.)

The only drawback with some of the books is that the previous owner liked highlighters. However, I don't mind. The books were all $2/each, so I'm good with that.

The only other things I purchased, other than food (wood-fired pizza again!!) was a small rolling pin and a handcarved bowl, marked Keith Jones 2001 on the bottom. A quick google brought me to the Boston Bowl Company website--and more googling tells me that the price I paid ($2.50) was a great price... it's a nice small trencher style bowl and I used it as my spinning bowl as I sat at our booth today.

So anyway, I will be going to bed early tonight because I'm already tired. But tomorrow morning, I'm bringing nine kittens to the vet for initial checkup/worming type stuff, and a Feline Leukemia test for the black kitten so hopefully he'll be able to come inside with the others. I'm working on finding the ones who aren't staying homes--I hope I'll be able to find him a home as well. *crossing fingers.*

Oh... and I seem to have purchased a floor loom as well, but more on that later.

Comments

Popular Posts